WILL YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH GO DOWN IN HISTORY?
The year is 1739, and as aspiring naturalists and adventurers, you’ve been hired by the Comte de Buffon – Darwin’s predecessor – to help him create the first encyclopedia of natural history.
To do so, you’ll be conducting research, organizing ambitious expeditions and publishing studies of the world’s most fascinating creatures!
The aim of the game is to become the biggest contributor to Buffon’s encyclopedia.
- Easy to learn, hard to master: The game’s beautiful theme ties in strongly with its mechanics, making the rules easy to grasp.
- Beating the random: The game offers a multitude of ways to counter the random element of your dice rolls.
- A beautiful game with a strong theme: The game includes gorgeously detailed illustrations of 75 birds, mammals and reptiles from all over the world
- 1 Central Board
- 130 Cards
- 20 Dice & 1 Dice Bag
- 120 Research Cubes
- 225 Tokens
- 4 Double-sided Character Extensions
- 4 Player Boards
- 4 Game Aid
- 21 Cards (Continent/AI - solo mode)
- 1 Rulebook
Playtime: 60-120 Minutes
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.